Time & Location
06 Oct 2022, 18:30 – 20:30
Online - Zoom
About the event
Schema is so common amongst children but are we really clear about what it is and how we can support children with this? Schema can be such a powerful medium for planning and developing your provision and practice.
Through this course we will explore:
* What scheme and schema are, the difference and the origins.
* Different kinds of schema and how we can centre these in our planning (rather than thinking 'superheroes' we think 'trajectory')
* We then look at a range of examples of schema in action.
* How we can enrich the environment with resources linked to schema.
* How adults can facilitate extra learning AROUND these schema e.g. if a child is interested in enclosing there is a WEALTH of mathematical language than can be generated in a meaningful context.