Mon, 23 May|
Newcastle High School for Girls
Outdoor Elements: Newcastle High School for Girls
Time & Location
23 May 2022, 16:00 – 18:00 BST
Newcastle High School for Girls, Chapman House, Sandyford Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 1TA
About the event
Outdoors can be very challenging for practitioners. Many staff members struggle to know what to do outdoors, especially in the winter months. This has led to many settings focussing much more on indoor learning even when many children would learn so much from playing outdoors.
This course is designed to support practitioners to:
- Understand their ‘why’ of outdoor learning.
- Develop the basic elements required in all outdoor spaces.
- Develop meaningful experiences and opportunities for children.
- Understand the role of the adult in facilitating purposeful play.
- Understand how to develop provision which is appropriate and matches their culture.
This session is primarily based indoors with activities outdoors throughout the session (regardless of weather conditions). Staff should wear appropriate clothing.
Please note there is a minimum ticket threshold for this event. This event may be cancelled 48 hours before if insufficient tickets are sold.
This training is hosted by Newcastle High School for Girls and is delivered by James from NurseryNook training and consultancy.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries or if you would like to host your own event.
Settings can pay by invoice - please select 'manual payment' at checkout. I will then send an invoice to you ASAP.
- Ticket type